Christmas is my favorite time of the year. And you know it’s that time of the year when there’s snow falling on my blog! It’s the best thing. I wish I could keep it around all year.
So one of the traditions my family has is that we don’t listen to Christmas music in the house until Thanksgiving Day. On that day, we play Christmas music while my mom and dad cook, and us kids set up the Christmas tree and put up the lights. This year, we didn’t get to do that (I’ll talk about it in a separate post). In fact, I didn’t even go home for Thanksgiving :( So to make myself feel better, I made a list of all my favorite Christmas songs.
I got the idea when I was having coffee with Chandra one day. I asked her what her favorite Christmas song was, and she made me guess, and I ended up going through an entire list of over 100 songs (it’s Sleigh Ride, by the way). I couldn’t decide on a favorite, so I made a list of my top 10. Here they are in no particular order:
- Sleigh Ride - Boston Pops Orchestra
- Underneath the Tree – Kelly Clarkson
- White Christmas – The Drifters
- Baby It’s Cold Outside – Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors
- Christmas Time Is Here - Brian McKnight
- O Holy Night - Pentatonix
- Carol of the Bells – Home Alone Soundtrack
- This Evenfall ’tis Snowing – Caspar Othmayr
- Stille Nacht (Silent Night) - Vienna Boys’ Choir
- In The Bleak Midwinter – Worcester Cathedral Choir
I tried to have a good mix of classics, choral, and modern songs, and I think I did a pretty good job. Here’s a link to the playlist if you want to listen to it!: My Favorite Christmas Songs
I CANT WAIT TIL CHRISTMAS